JG Summit started in 1957 when Universal Corn Products, Inc. was established to operate a cornstarch plant in Pasig. Since then, JG Summit has pioneered breakthroughs, broadened its enterprise, and stayed at the forefront in every phase of the country’s rise to development. It also helped individuals who strived for the good life—the entrepreneur, who invested in agribusiness and the manufacture of feeds and prime food commodities; the visionary, who channeled resources and expanded into financial services, textile and property, all backbones of a growing economy; the captain of industry, who invested in power, telecommunications, petrochemicals, cement, and air transportation, all requisites for industrialization; the innovator, who continually provides value and fun in snacking; and the new regional multinational, who has embraced the challenge of global competitiveness with zeal.
Currently, JG Summit is one of the largest and most diversified Filipino conglomerates, engaged primarily in businesses that serve a growing middle class with rising disposable incomes in the Philippines and Asia.
- Its largest subsidiary, Universal Robina Corporation, is one of the fastest growing snack-food and beverage companies in the ASEAN region, serving well-loved quality products with great value for money.
- Cebu Pacific Air is the Philippines’ first budget airline and its largest domestic airline carrier with a growing international network reaching Asia, Australia, and the Middle East; serving more than 18 million Filipino workers, tourists, and business travelers affordable and reliable air transportation.
- Robinsons Land Corporation is a leading mixed-use property developer that offers a network of modern commercial centers, office buildings, hotels, residential condominiums, and housing project subdivisions.
- JG Summit Olefins Corporation is the country’s first and only integrated petrochemical manufacturing operation, from naphtha cracking to polymer operations, that’s poised to serve the requirements of the local manufacturing sector.
- Robinsons Bank Corporation is a growing commercial bank positioned for growth as it serves the growing number of suppliers, tenants, distributors, business partners, and employees of the entire JG Summit and Robinsons Retail Group.
- In addition to these businesses that are majority-owned and managed, JG Summit also has significant minority positions in the Philippines’ largest telecoms company — Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT), the Philippines’ largest electricity distributor – Manila Electric Company (Meralco), and one of Singapore’s leading property developers –Singapore Land Group.
JG Summit’s place in Philippine business has for its cornerstone a business portfolio of market leaders, a solid financial position, a formidable management team, and a vision of leading the country to global competitiveness and making life better for every Filipino.