OUR KEY FOCUS AREAS
In its 30 years of doing business, JG Summit Holdings, Inc. (JGSHI) has consistently provided people with better choices and created strategic partnerships for growth. In doing so, the company has earned the trust and loyalty of its stakeholders and cemented its leadership position in several industries including air transportation, snack foods and beverage, mixed-use property development, petrochemicals, and banking.
Leveraging on this well-diversified portfolio, JGSHI was also able to expand its market beyond the Philippines to other countries in the Asia-Pacific Region (Southeast Asia, China, Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Guam, UAE, Australia). The success of JGSHI is anchored on creating value for and with its stakeholders. As the company continues to thrive in the years to come, JGSHI’ economic contributions will remain to prioritize the interests of its stakeholders and the development of the nation.
Economic Flows to Society
JGSHI generated Php304 billion from its revenues and other sources of income in 2019. This revenue and income were mainly driven by the consistent growth of the company’s strategic business units (SBUs). Of this total, Php289 billion was gained from the activities of its subsidiaries while the rest were from JGSHI’s other investments and supplementary businesses.
For 2019, 92.5% of our revenue and income was distributed back to our closest stakeholders, namely, our suppliers, employees, capital providers, taxes to the government, as well as investments to the community. The remaining 7.50% was retained by the company as investment for further business growth.
The Economic Outcomes of Our Business
Beyond enabling our stakeholders to increase their economic inputs through financial flows, JGSHI also contributes to the economy by providing accessible, relevant, and high-quality products and services. The company offers financial options that have assisted markets and individuals in need, increased access to land and air travel that has further allowed connectivity and flow of economy, and job opportunities in local communities. With its wide range of products across industries and of areas covered in operations, JGSHI encourages overall economic progress.
The Social Impacts of Our Community Investments
Shared success extends beyond the company’s operational activities and to the communities where we operate. At JGSHI, local communities are regarded as valued stakeholders of the business and partners for nation-building. As such, the company supports programs on education, financial literacy, and sustainable livelihood which are vital foundations to improving the quality of life in underdeveloped communities.